Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our preschool graduate

























Exactly 5 years and 3 weeks ago, I left the building sniffling and wiping my eyes. It was my first day back to work after Willa's birth, and I had just left her in the arms of April, a woman I had met only twice before. My baby! This woman was now caring for my baby while I was at work.


Today, I left the building holding Willa's hand. I wiped my eyes, and sniffled. Here is my 5 year old on her last day at her daycare/preschool. Willa outlasted most of the teachers. There are only 2 other kids there who started near the time she did. I looked at them, remembering them as babies and sniffled. Even after losing my job, it was important to us to keep something constant in her life, and school was it.


I am so grateful to have found a place that I could bring her where I knew she was safe, learning, cared for, and having a great time.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Wow!!! Time sure does fly doesn't it?? Congratulations Willa!

Keri said...

Congrats, Willa! That's really neat that you were able to find a daycare/school that you were so happy with. Also, the tiny door is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I am continually glad that you are documenting our journey together. What an amazing five years with kids. I am amazed with how you handle life challenges and move forward with an open heart.
jt->apt