Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Keeping Seasonal Affective Disorder at bay

We've had a mighty kind late fall in the Mitten State.  There's been almost no snow on the ground (in our fair city, anyhow) and we've had decent sunshine.  I know what lies ahead, though, and I got out my "happy light" to prepare.  The bulb is burnt out.  Deep breathing.  I know I can go get another one at the store.  It's just... well the metaphor of it all...

Anyhow, a few days ago, I was outside and smiled to see that we still have a few healthy looking petunias and more than a few snapdragon flowers outside.  In December.  In Michigan.

It's not likely they'll survive into January.  This puts us flowerless (outdoors) for January.  In late February my crocus come up.

One month with no flowers?  I can do this!

No comments: