Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Taking care of me

Two days ago, I got paid from my little job.  I haven't had a paycheck for a while (clerical error, bah!), and it felt wonderful to have some money that I earned again.  But not as wonderful as something that I bought with that money.

This week, I bought new jeans.  And for the first time in two years, they are a size smaller than what I bought last time.  I'll pause for the little party you are surely throwing for me at your computer...

I've been spending some time on the elliptical and either listening to "This American Life" podcasts or watching shows on hulu.  Today, I was tired of the machine, and instead returned to my hip-hop cardio dvd.  Guess what?  I'm still uncoordinated, but it's a fun way to get that heart rate up.

6 comments:

Christina said...

Yay!!! Good for you! Thanks for the link to HHC!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL :)
XXOO

Monica said...

This is an awesome post for a multitude of reasons. Congrats on each and every single one of them, you should be very proud of yourself. :) Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that we took our tops off and had wet hair at the party with balloons too :)
xxxooo

Stephanie said...

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, I'm so proud of you for taking control of your health!
-anon