Friday, March 23, 2012

It's oh so quiet...

Just some quick thoughts in between reading chapters for my class this weekend.

Isn't it funny how when you get what you think you wanted at one time, you don't want it when you get it?

I am sitting on the couch in the living room, preparing for my class this weekend.  The house - with the exception of the whirring ceiling fan, the occasional dog collar rattle, and my typing, - is still with silence.

Oh... silence!  I dreamed a few days ago of a beautifully quiet house.

The kids are at my parents' house.  Jim has to work all weekend, and I have class.  My mom and dad agreed to take them to the Sinki east campus for the weekend.

It's kind of funny that I don't know how to read textbooks without PBS kids in the background.  I have no good excuse for study breaks.

I know they're having a good time, but geez... this silence is too much.  I miss the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we can bring them back home tonight if you want :)