Thursday, March 01, 2012

Taking care of (a little less of) me

Last month I posted about buying (and wearing) jeans a size smaller. 

In the past, I've made some promises to myself that I've broken.  I've made big plans and schedules and goals, and... just never stuck with it.  Because a sinus infection derailed plans, and I didn't start back up.  Or because I just "didn't have time." Or, a zillion other things...

Over the past 2 months, I've been quietly working on my body.  No declarations, no charts, no promises. Just work.  I've been spending time on the elliptical, and use that time to catch up on NPR weekend show podcasts, or sitcoms on the internet.  I've been doing some dance and kickboxing video workouts.  I'm finding that I like that feeling of earning sweat and soreness.  I can feel my body getting a little stronger, and am not as tired as I used to feel.  I took some measurements this week, and the tape meets the end at a smaller number than before.  Improvements. 

I might occasionally use this blog as an accountability space.  Or, I might not. 

Right now, I'm casually dating exercise, and enjoying it.  No labels, 'kay?

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay! I love the "casual dating" status. You're doing great. If it works for you - keep doing it! I"m in a rut so this was nice to hear and good for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You husband is really proud, and would like to date you too!

Keri said...

Great job, Amy!