Friday, April 27, 2012

Outlaw chickens

We have some new pals that you should meet.

Alice


Hazel (Henry calls her Hazelnut)
Ida (renamed from Golda when Willa found out she wasn't always going to be this color)
The ladies at 2 days old.
They're in the basement under heat lights until they get their grown up feathers.

Time is a fuzzy thing.  I think it was 25 years ago to the day that my Grandpa Laws came over with a small, blue hamster box with a small cheeping being inside.  He didn't ask my parents before giving me the unusual birthday gift.  He just did it, and chuckled. 

Izzy was a cornish hen who lived in my parents' backyard and showed our beagle who was boss.  I had an outlaw chicken at age 12.  History repeats.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I know this has been a long time coming. I hope your new girls are settling in. Enjoy them!

Monica said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that you guys have chicks!!! :) How cute and fuzzy and adorable are they these days?