Sunday, May 20, 2012

Full, beautiful weekend

 Before eating dinner, we usually pray.  Growing up, both Jim and I would start dinner prays with "in the name of the Father..."  The Sinkis start prayers off with "Thank you, God, for this beautiful day."  Then we each take a turn saying a few things that we're grateful for, and sometimes ask for a little help on other things. 

Today, we didn't pray because dinner wasn't exactly on time, or organized.  We ate on the front porch at 8pm.  The kids had mac and cheese.  Jim had leftover pizza.  I had chickpeas w/ basil and tomatoes. 

We were late because we were off enjoying the beautiful day together.

Our house is about 35 minutes from one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  We spent a few hours at Lake Michigan today.

Thank you, God, for this healthy, playful daughter.
Thank you, God, for this independent, creative son.
Thank you, God, for this kind, loving partner.
I am grateful for my family, and for the beach, and for friends who I got to spend time with on Saturday evening, and my classmates who I reconnected with during our first Lifespan Development class this weekend.

Amen.

No comments: