Thursday, June 07, 2012

Proud bragging inside

Um... wasn't it just a few weeks ago that I confessed to crying in the kitchen over peanut butter and jelly as I made Willa's first lunch for Kindergarten?  I thought so.  Yet, tomorrow, I'll make her last one for the school year.  How did that happen?!

This morning there was an awards assembly.  I was so proud of her as she collected awards for reading and math.  When her teacher gave her the Student of the Month award, I teared up a little (is this normal?  All this crying?  I don't think so.).  Each class has a winner every month based on a particular character trait.  Willa won the "Trustworthiness" award in the fall, and the "Caring" award in the winter.  Today's award was for "Responsibility." 

My daughter reads and writes well.  She has a firm grasp on math.  She's also trustworthy, caring and responsible.  I'm so proud of Willa.  I'm chalking this up as a win in the parenting column, too.

No comments: