Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Cock-a-doodle

"Krrrraaaarrrararar."
Oh no, I thought, as I rolled over, squinted at the clock, and stretched.  "Krrrraaaarrrararar."

Ugh.

I got out of bed, and looked out the window.  "Krrrraaaarrrararar."

There, bathed in the morning light that was streaming in the top, east-facing window of the the coop, was Penny.  Penny's golden feathers were fluffed up.  Penny's beak was in the air, and "Krrrraaaarrrararar."

Penny is a boy sounds like the chicken version of puberty Peter Brady.  Soon, he'll have a big boy crow, but today it's "Krrrraaaarrrararar."

That is the big 14 week update.  The kids and are are feeling a little sad.  I was hoping to be wrong all along, but, well, "Krrrraaaarrrararar."  I'm putting the word out to my chicken network (ha!  yeah, I have a chicken network).  Jim is in Indy, and he'll make phone calls tonight.  Penny has been lovely, and is my favorite of the trio, but he can't stay here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry. But he surely
has been loved since he has been hatched.

xxoo