Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sol good

We were up early. I was determined to be on time. Snow and ice has been making it tough. I was out shoveling, Jim was in the shower. Willa was going to be on track. I did, in fact rock! I was so excited about not feeling anxious and rushed on the way to work.
And then it came time to find my keys. The ones I just used to get the snowbrush out of my car. Lost. Probably in a snowbank. Growl.
I drove to Willa to daycare practically in tears, I felt so defeated. The 30 minute key search ate up all of the time we gained by waking up early.
Willa and I walked in and her friend greeted her by name, and hugged her. And it made me so darn happy.
And the sun was shining. Sigh. Better.
Maybe it will melt a key collection sized hole in the snow?

5 comments:

Christina said...

Awww. I felt the same way this week about losing a pair of black "nice" pants I have. I think the weather is starting to get to all of us.

Anonymous said...

do a dup of the dup.

Amber said...

Oh, how I can relate. With two kids now, I am late for even more things. I really do try my hardest to be on time, it just doesn't work out typically. I hope the snow melts soon and you will find some treasures!!

Anonymous said...

So did you find them??~Jen

Kerri said...

Oooh, bad luck. So I take it you never found the original set of keys. Maybe this spring?