Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dispatches from Willaville and Grandmas

When singing along with the song from Mary Poppins, Willa shouts, "Let's go fly a kite and send it snoring." Instead of "soaring."

She calls the big guy in the fur trimmed red suit "Snow Claus."

She turns the baby swing on. I ask her to turn it off. She says, "I want it on." "Mama said 'turn it off." She stands with her hands on her hips, "I said turn it on." Someone needs to learn the hierarchy of the Sinkis.

Aside from Willa, it was a big day for Grandmas.

My mom was here for a nice visit which included a trip to the Meijer Gardens. There was a photographer from the Press following us, hoping to get a shot for today's blurb on their holiday display. I checked today's paper. They ran a photo of a younger girl who was very cute and put together. Her mom must be very efficient as it looked as though the cherub even had her hair brushed. I'm kidding, we do brush Willa's hair. Her new coat creates enough static to power a small town.

Jim's mom had a different kind of adventure: triple bypass surgery. She came out of it well, and now has a tough recovery ahead of her. If you are a good thoughts sender, she could use some sent her way.

I know I owe the blog and it's gentle readers part 2 of Henry's birth story. Coming soon! Promise. In the meantime, here's what's been distracting me:

4 comments:

Maribeth said...

I was at the Gardens today too. It was the perfect day to go. Glad you had a good visit with your mom.

Sending welling wishes to Jim's mom. My dad went through that a few years ago.

Anonymous said...

Lots going on in Sinki-ville. I am sending healing thoughts to Jim's mom. Also, how great to spend time with your mom. That Willa- she is such an independent girl! Love you ~hgh

Christina said...

Oh my gosh! He is TOO adorable!!! I hope your MIL recovers well!

Unknown said...

love it; what a cute photo!