Friday, February 18, 2011

The inevitable fall of Winter

When going down side streets, I've purposefully been hugging the curb. I've been stomping on the edges of snowbanks. I've had a tiny glint of evil glee in my eye for the past week.
I know that there's snow in the 5 day forecast, and I know it's only February. But LOOK.

Crocus reminds us that - even when the once "pretty snow"* gets grey and crusty - nature is still doing its job in the hard, cold ground. This picture was taken today. The kids and I are sick, and ventured out for a walk around the house, and then down the street 3 houses. That wore us out, but there was sun, and the sound of water trickling into storm sewers, and flower buds. Ah, the healing power of hope...

* I don't know... I hear some people saying it's pretty. I just can't see it.

1 comment:

Suze said...

I think it is pretty for a weekend or two when I can cuddle up with a kitty, a hot beverage and a good book. After that I'm all set with the snow. This melt has been such a gift and is a reminder that winter won't last forever.