Thursday, January 25, 2007

little girl laugh

Last night Jim was in Willa's room with a green fabric ring in his mouth, jumping around like a monkey while singing along with a rendition of Roy Orbison's "Ooby Dooby." Reason #3972 to love him. This is what you do when you're a parent, it's in the job description: "make a fool out of yourself daily in exchange for a smile - a laugh is a big raise.

I was putting the finishing touches on her after a diaper change (pants, I was putting on her pants). Her laugh started off as a smile and then a cave man sounding ha. HA. And then an outright giggle. Which made us laugh. She stopped and had this, "wait, are you laughing with me or at me" look, but as she put the ring back in Jim's mouth she started up again.

And it wasn't a baby laugh; it was a sneek peek into her little girl laugh. And folks, it's gonna be sweet!

In other news - we now own a uber-camera that might do the laundry and walk the dogs for us. I'm intimidated by it's buttons, but Jim said he'd show me the way. This means more and better quality photos will be shared here.

No comments: