Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person in the world

From this collection of books, Willa has the Feelings Book.
It is colorful and sweet and a good primer on feelings. On one page it says "Sometimes I feel like holding hands with a friend."
While lying in bed and reading the book to her, she reaches for Jim's hand and then mine and we all sit in a hand holding line for a second, until we get to the "Sometimes I feel like making mud pies" page and she drops our hands and says (over and over) "mess."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have "It's ok to be Different
I like his books too. What a wonderful family moment. Thank you for sharing it :) I dream of a day when that happens for us!hgh

Amanda said...

I thought that post was going in a WHOLE other direction: "Sometimes I feel like holding hands with a friend. While lying in bed..." I was worried about you for a second!

Christina said...

You had to post this now, right before Xmas and my shopping is done! Those books look really good. I've never seen them before. Maybe for a birthday or something. Cute story!

AmyinMotown said...

Very sweet. Maggie calls us her friends too, which I love. It does just sort of make your heart grow three sizes, doesn't it?