Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gold standard baby.


Eleven. Months. Old.
Wow.
Jim and I were talking last night about how to handle compliments from strangers about how cute or good Willa is. I told him I smile and say, "thanks, we like her." Truth is, yes, we do think she's precious and the most beautiful and virtuous, and wise baby ever invented. But that's a lot to live up to, you know? And it might be a little arrogant to respond to a strangers polite compliment with, "I KNOW! Aren't you envious?! I mean really, people should just stop having babies, because we're reached the apex of babydom here. Evolution can stop, 'cause here she is."
This photo kind of takes my breath away. I'm not sure how two yahoos like us created this.
"Thanks, we like her."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to inflate Mark's ego? Complament his cute kid. That picture makes Willa look old! ~Bri