Thursday, March 22, 2007

Willa says Wow.

Last night was the first thunderstorm of Spring. It was a pretty showy one - lots of noise and light. It took Willa a long time to wind down for the night (she giggled and moved my hand toward her ribs when I was patting her tummy after putting her in her crib), and I blame the electricity in the air.

Hoping to not have a kid fearful of thunderstorms who would then grow into an adult fearful of thunderstorms (ahem, Lisa), I would say WOW to each loud boom or streak of lightening in the sky. Willa was very impressed with this expression. She stared at me while I said it and opened her eyes wide and her mouth wider. She whispered "ow" and smiled - all 7 and 1/4 teeth showing. In the bath we continued saying wow to each other.

This very hectic morning I got her packed up and we walked out to the car. The damp spring air swept her cheeks while she heard the cardinals in the trees and saw water dripping off of the roof. She looked at me and said, "wow."

Sigh. I'm in love.

1 comment:

Em said...

Ahh...I think I just cried!