Friday, May 11, 2007

Post 2 for the day: Soooo big

I was hanging my clean clothes in my closet, which is in Willa's room, ...
*sidebar: ugh, this house and lack of closet space! How did a family of 11 fit in here before?*
... and listening to Jim talk with Willa. "Oh, you don't know that one yet. Okay... 'how big is Willa? Sooo big!" I peeked around the doorway. He had her hands in the air (no waving, they both cared a great deal).
Minutes later I joined them and she kept putting her arms up. It seems as though there was a direct coorelation between fingertip height and smile width. She was just so. Darn. Proud.
This morning during our family in bed together time she was like Greta tempted with a treat and running through all of her tricks: tickle, roll, smile, raspberry to mom's tummy, crawl over the dogs, hug the dogs, hug dad, and... arms in the air while blinding us with her smile.
Neat.
Yesterday when we came home for the day, I put her down on the front porch so I could unlock the door. I put our bags down inside and held the door. She put one hand on the door frame, picked up her right foot to step up and into the house. She just walked right in on her own, into her house.
How big is Willa? Soooo big.

No comments: