Friday, May 04, 2007

Willful Willa

Our little prodigy is showing she's ahead of the behaviorial curve this week by testing the waters of temper tantrums. Full blown rolling on the floor, kicking the ground and yelling temper tantrums. And we're not supposed to laugh? Oops.
She's mostly upset because she can walk now and doesn't want to be carried. Also, she doesn't want to go to sleep. Ever again.

PS - note: when I use the word "prodigy" I'm totally joking. I don't wish prodiginess on Willa, particularly in the vein of temper tantrums. I just wish normal kidness on her.
I should really stop using the word. This morning it got me in trouble when Isabella's dad introduced himself to me outside of daycare by showing me her sheep art (photocopied outline of a sheep with glued on cotton balls, just like Willa's). I said, "oh, that's quite good. She's a prodigy, eh?" Not finding the humor in that, Isabella's dad turned around and walked away. Ouch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ro *will not* walk unless you hold her hands. Even though we know that she can stand by herself. (She hasn't gotten brave enough to go ahead and take a step) She also doesn't want anything to do with being on the floor in the evening hours. You must carry me.

AmyinMotown said...

Wait until she's two. Maggie the Drama Queen can throw some great tantrums and it has happened hat one or both of us have to leave the room to keep from laughing. The best is when she flings herself on the floor (starts dramatic but ends ever so gently, even funnier) and YELLS and says "No (whatever) to everything I suggest. "NO Little People! NO Pig Party! (If You Give a PIg a Party). NO funny game!!" It's when they are just three feet of pure fury it's hardest not to crack up!

(she's beautful, by the way, and love the name! We, okay I, are thinking of Willa for #2 if it's a girl. )