Monday, March 03, 2008

Like a hibernating bear on a nature show

It was completely different the last time.

For example, Jim and I lived 2 hours apart during the week. These are the days when he worked for NASCAR and I held down the fort. The fort being myself and the 2 dogs.


And now here he is, and there's Willa - I know you probably didn't see her zip by. That trail of Mardi Gras-esque beads and sweet potato crumbs? Her doing.


So, they live in the house with me. And they're not always as inclined as the dogs to tuck themselves behind my knees and nap with me. First trimester narcolepsy is in full force, and because I live with my family, there's no privacy in my exhaustion.


And I keep telling Jim "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" for not being able to keep up.


And then I got an email from the baby website that reminded me that basically, I've got a lentil sized parasite that makes my body emit hormones that cause fatigue and morning sickness.


I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record. But this is where I'm at right now. It'll get better, and then I'll have more riveting content.


Here, look. A recent photo of fun with the owl tent:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that one of the dogs in there with her? Maybe you need to go in there and hibernate.~Jen

Anonymous said...

tooo cute. doggie de sinki looks like he enjoys his away time as well.~ hgh