Some highlights of the weekend:
- Spending time with Jim in the car on the way there, after a busy, hectic week. We have agreed on a boy name! It's not in stone, but it's a step. A girl name, I'm pretty sure we'll never agree on anything again.
- Eating rhubarb strawberry pie (compliments of the Sinkis) on my parents' deck on what may have been the most lovely of summer evenings. Willa deciding to "go get" the birds eating out of their bird feeder.
- Detroit Zoo on Sunday (for FREE, thanks again, brother Brian) with Jim and Willa. Jim declaring that he didn't want to go see any small animals. This was his day and he only wanted to see the big animals. Willa taking a walk with her new peacock buddy. Willa telling me she was going to "go get" the hippo when she saw her. Jim watching Willa watch the animals.
- Big picnic in my parents yard with dad's side of the family. The last time we were together was for Grandma's funeral. It was really nice to see everyone relaxed and enjoying each other.
- Hearing Willa tell her Great-Grandpa, "I love you." I hope he could hear it too.
- Willa playing with her uncles, and hugging her aunt.
- Amazing lightening show we got on the drive home.