Friday, June 06, 2008

Progress in Pottyland

You know how when you're an adult and you wake up in the morning, stretch a little and then make your way to the bathroom? Mmm hmmm, toddlers don't do that.

However.

This morning I woke up because Willa was poking my back. When I rolled over, she handed me her wet diaper. Then her pants. She then walked away quietly. A minute later I realized this was really happening, and got up to follow her.

She was sitting on the toilet, finishing up. She wiped, got down and flushed.

I'm not sure if my body will be able to handle containing all of this excitement and pride. So, you know... share with with friends and internet strangers here.

This kid has moments that astound me. When did she get old enough to do this? Later, she made us eggs and toast with fresh squeezed orange juice. Kidding, kidding (she totally slacked off and used frozen juice).

3 comments:

Keri said...

Congrats on the successful milestone in potty training!

NotAppealing said...

YAY! That sounds like excellent potty training!

Kerri said...

Ha, way to go Willa! I might have to drop by for breakfast some morning...