Thursday, November 08, 2007

Agriculture in my office

I've got a small orange tree in my office. It blooms in quick cycles and produces fruit too small to enjoy. I have eaten one orange from it every four months or so, but have never truly enjoyed it. As the tree ages and grows the fruit is reaching larger sizes and sweeter tastes. Sometimes I squeeze it's sour citrus juice into my water. Good little jolt. If you like your eyes to roll back into your head and your tongue to curl.

At the rate we're going, I may have truly edible oranges in 8 years.

Right now I've got 5 orange babies on the tree. They'll mature to about the size of your eyeball.

In 2 months, I'll probably have a tree full of blooms again.

There's something almost magical about stomping snow off of boots and removing mittens and scarf to be welcome by my citrus laden office.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I didn't even know you could have an orange tree indoors!