Monday, November 05, 2007

My dad saves the day

"This is Bed Bath and Beyond calling to say that we found the cow finger puppet. If you'd like to reclaim it, it is at the service desk."
Great, I thought, except I'm already in Lansing, and an hour away from the store, and more importantly the cow.
And it was just a $3 finger puppet that we picked up on the way to my parents house, but for Willa it was love at first sight.
"MOOOOO" she bellowed from the backseat of the car, cradling her new pal between her jaw and her shoulder. 2 minutes later she was asleep and drooling on him.
And then we went to buy a shower gift the next morning and, well he got lost.
I called my sister who lives the closest, but she didn't answer. I called home and talked to Brian. He wouldn't be near there in the next week. The manager of the store would send it to me, if only I arranged for prepaid shipping.
My dad called me a minute after I hung up with Brian. He was on his way to get it.
"No, dad. Don't make a special trip, it's just a cheap finger puppet. IF you're near there in the next week or so, you can get it, but really...."
"I'm on my way."
The cow has been picked up. Willa has a new hero, only she doesn't know it yet. I'm looking forward to witnessing a reunion of Willa and her moo, thanks to her super swell grandpa.

2 comments:

AmyinMotown said...

Awwww. Someday I need to write the story of Maggie's Lost Elmo--I told my dad about it and come to find out he was in and out of every store he could get to looking for the doll. Papas rule. And I do think their granddaughters turn them to mush faster than anything else.

(the bad part? After a hellish afternoon, the child stopped sleeping with her beloved Elmo like a month later).

Anonymous said...

Aaaw! Oh and I'm still convinced that your kid doesn't talk. LOL ~B