Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's oh so quiet...

Yesterday on NPR a fella with a handsome vocabulary was saying that he doesn't want to use a bunch of big words to impress people, but sometimes there's a word that is exactly right and he just has to bring it out, polish it up and put it out there.

Two minutes later, Nancy Pelosi answered Neal Conan's question about what surprised her about the first session as Speaker of the House by saying that she had little use for the word surprise in a role that calls her to be ready for anything.

1) What a great way to answer that question.
2) "... little use for the word..."

This got me thinking -and talking to a coworker/friend (hey Sarah, thanks for the opportunity to explore this)- about use for words in different spheres.

I read this tidbit of awesomeness yesterday too. Oh Andrea at Superhero Journal - I would like to sip tea and make cards with you.

Jim mentioned last night that I've not posted an entry of meaty content here in a while. I kind of blew that off but...

I've been feeling quiet lately. I don't know if it's an autumnal thing, or if I'm not tapped into myself or what I find energetic lately.

Hi, um, Yesterday? What are you conspiring?

I'm going to let this all churn for a while and see what words I have a use for soon.

3 comments:

Em said...

Yes, I could have written part of this post...I feel very, um, "off" lately.

JT said...

See, I knew you had a literary post begging to come out. Yay, my sweetie the writer is back. Now if I could just get that damn soundguy to finish a blog once or twice a year...

Anonymous said...

for some reason, the thought of "polishing" words led me to imagining a pair of shiny patent leather shoes. red ones. I should like some vocabulary shoes. *wave from Sarah*