Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The post where my 19 month old corrects me

Water was flying as Willa sat in the bathtub churning her hands around each other. ".. 'round and 'round, the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round. All through the town."

Her hand started a patting motion. "Okay. The horn on the bus goes honk honk hon-"

"BEEP BEEP BEEP," she yelled, eyebrows drawn together. I could almost detect an eye roll and the phrase muttered under her breath, "geez, mom, you don't know ANYTHING.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and so it begins !!!!

AmyinMotown said...

Get used to it!! We got the exasperated sigh a few months ago. I swear they're like little adolescents at ths age. Her current bratty-but-funny behavior is to tell us "I know dese tings. Dose are the (house, car, bathtime, etc.) rules!" with accompanying hand gestures.

It's so good that they're cute and enormously lovable. I keep telling myself with Maggie "It's good that hes smart and independent. It's GOOD that she's smart and independent." I'll let you know when it starts working :-).