Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful for...

Willa (in pink hat), me (in black hat) and Santa (in red and white hat, behind the reindeer) hangin' at the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade. So neat to bring my daughter to her first big parade and watch her stare in awe and laugh. My parents were there too, and I imagine it was neat to watch their daughter do the same while watching their granddaughter. We also ran into cousin Scott and Ramona, who helped me convince Jim that parade virgins had to wear any beads they caught the whole day. It was his first "America's Thanksgiving Day Parade" too. He loved it! AND he wore the beads the whole day. He wasn't fooled, only a good sport.




Bead wearing Jim, yam loving Willa, dopey looking me.






Here we see Jackie and Bill in the last month of their year long engagement. Also here is MaKenna, enjoying her cupcake frosting, and Lisa, enjoying her first days after being self-emancipated from a job where her newly ex-boss called her Lisa Marie. (grrrr...) Brian's not in this photo, but he and Willa had a super good play time too.




My grandparents. Grandma looked around the room and told Grandpa, "we started all of this." It was a sweet moment. They are so proud of their family.








Willa stacking cups on her Grandpa's lap. Looking to give a toddler an inexpensive gift? A sleeve of colorful plastic cups kept her happily busy for a long time.






Cousin love.









Day after Thanksgiving Belle came over and dressed Willa as Minnie Mouse. These two are BFF. Until Willa tried to use MaKenna's sippy cup later that day. Fences to be mended...




Rach, thanks for asking. Here are the new upper cabinets. Lowers will be done during Christmas holiday. Woo-hoo!!

8 comments:

Christina said...

Love her little piggy tails

Em said...

I love the BFF's...they are so sweet together.

Rach said...

The kitchen is coming along! Looks like you had a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

HA! I gave Kenna that dress.. ~B

Anonymous said...

Oh and I'm very jealous that you went to the parade. *Very* ~B

Jackie said...

Uggh I look like POOP there! Why cant I ever take a GOOD picture?

Beth said...

"America's Thanksgiving Day Parade," eh? How come I've never heard of it?

AmyinMotown said...

SO adorable with the pigtails! Glad you guys had fun at the parade. We thought about bringing Maggie but opted for the Royal Oak Santa parade the previous weekend--shorter and more manageable to get to.

(too funny that your family is all "who is this AmyinMotown person?" I am nice, I promise :-) ).