Monday, October 23, 2006

In one weekend we joined the celebration of a couple making their wedding vows, and a smaller celebration of our friends welcoming their beautiful baby girl into the world a few hours prior.

The bride was Jim's friend's sister, and even though I don't know the couple well, I was touched by the ceremony. Jim and I held hands tightly as the minister guided them through vows similar to the ones we made nearly a year ago.

I am so happy for our friends. The new mom was worn out and looking proud - another mom warrior. New dad was glowing. As our little family left the hospital last night, I was remembering the joy and exhaustion that Jim and I experienced hours after our daughter, Willa was born. Willa's friend is here!


Willa's mouth has figured out how to make the sound DA. So, now we live in a world with a DADADADADADADA soundtrack.


Breath taking how lives change so drastically every day.

No comments: