Wednesday, November 29, 2006

She was sick, then she was teething, then she was sick (again), and here come the top 2 teeth. During this time we started a terrible cycle that has resulted in not a whole lotta sleep. I felt bad for our crying baby sick baby at 2 am, so I'd get her from her crib and nurse her. And then I felt bad for our crying teething baby at 2 and 5 am, so I'd get her from her crib and nurse her. She always was calmed and slept again after. A few months of this, and now I'm feeling sorry for our crying baby who may not be able to fall back to sleep without being held and nursed. I'm also feeling bad for myself and Jim and the dogs - none of us have slept the night through in probably 3 months.
We bought a book to help figure this out in a kind and effective way. I'm too exhausted to read it.

No comments: