Sunday, October 24, 2010

Night and Day

I'm in the kitchen, frosting the cakes for today's co-birthday party for Henry and his cousin, Kenzie. I'm listening to my James Brown channel on Pandora* and Ray Charles' "Night Time is the Right Time" comes up.
Jim is in the living room, wrapping Kenzie's present, and singing along. The "BABY" part of the song happens and my darling husband says, "is that little Michael Jackson you're listening to?"
Pals, Jim is normally very musically astute,** so my eyebrows flew up and then right past my hairline. "WHAT?!"
He repeated his question.
"No, dude. The "BABY" woman was the one Ray was sleeping with in the movie, remember?"
And then said, "huh, I thought I saw Michael Jackson do that on tv once with Ray Charles."
"Uh... I think you're thinking of Rudy Huxtable."
Yup, he sure was.
We're still laughing.
Just because it's an awesome moment in my television history memory, go ahead and take 2 minutes to watch Rudy and the Huxtables .

*Pandora, an internet based "do-it-yourself" music site. Totally cool.
** Except for once when we were dating and he quoted the Paul Simon lyric as, "she brushed her hair back, and farted."

4 comments:

Maribeth said...

Hilarious!! I always say that "BABY..Baa Baa Baby" and no one has a clue what I'm talking about. "I DON'T KNOW WAHT SAY" We used to tape the Cosby show on VHS and then have marathons on Saturday afternoon. (I can't believe that I just admitted that)

Rach said...

I loved that episode! In fact, I loved all of the Cosby Show episodes. Some of my fondest memories from childhood are those that find me sitting on the floor with my siblings and dad, surrounding a bowl of popcorn watching NBC for that half-hour on Thursday nights. *smile* Thanks for the memory.

Adrea said...

I love Pandora...lately I've been listening to the Journey station - AWEsome!

But I love that clip from The Cosby Show even more.

Keri said...

I remember that episode! Love it.