Monday, January 21, 2008

Pillow talk

Arlo, Willa, and Greta




"I think Arlo's drink would be bourbon."

"Bourbon?"

"Yeah, like a chilled out old man drink."

"I think Greta would drink cosmopolitans."

"No... that's for fancy schmancy, 'I'm trying to impress you' dogs, like poodles."

"hm."

"I think Greta would go to U of M."

"I don't want her to go there! Too pretentious. I think she's more MSU."

"Arlo, would totally go out of state. Northwestern, I think."

"I was just going to say University of Chicago!"



We paused, looked at each other and laughed while turning off the bedside lights.

Clearly we have differing opinions on Greta's disposition, though.



It was a long week.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You make Joel and my conversations so much less strange :)

AmyinMotown said...

I'm so incredibly grateful to know we are not the only couple who have these types of conversations. We have this whole interior life constructed for the cats. Casey is a Budweiser guy, Toonses drinks only single malt Scotch.

Anonymous said...

this picture is super cute. I think Greta would be MSU. Arlo would be Boston College. Not because I know alot about BC just because it sounds kinda dignified. Hope this week is a healthy one for you! ~hgh