Wednesday, May 14, 2008

16 weeks = avacado

I am 16 and a half weeks pregnant today.

The last time I was 16 and a half weeks pregnant, things were different. I was the one in the big, poofy white dress. Jim was looking dashing in a tux.

On our wedding day, Jim and I said "I do" to each other and the family we had already started.

A baby was a happy chaotic surprise, an early wedding gift, and blessing.


What a luxury, this time around, to not go through final wedding plans while enduring morning sickness.

*Timeline: engaged 3/05, married 10/05, Willa born 4/06. The defensive part of me feels I need to share that we were happily engaged well before the baby news. When you don't do things by the "normal" time line, eyebrows tend to go up.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am SO stupid, I was thinking... is it your anniversary??? Duh!

Maribeth said...

What a blessing she is! It is amazing things happen for a reason.

AmyinMotown said...

Heee. I had figured out you were pregnant when you got married, but you're clearly so blissfully happy that I figured either the baby goosed the timeline of something you knew you were already doing, or you'd already planned the wedding when you found out you were pregnant. I mean Paul and I knew we were It by six months in, but didn't get engaged until much later, because we just liked taking our time. Had I ended up pregnant,it wouldn't have caused us to make any decisions we wouldn't have already made, it would have just moved things along (which our friends and families would have been grateful for!).

Oh, and I was born a little over six months after my parent's anniversary. They too had been engaged and originally planned the wedding for 6-13, one week after my birthday. Back then, HUGE family controversy. And they were happily married for 30 years, separated for three, and now happily remarried for two more.

So I guess I am saying,nothing to be defensive over, girlfriend. And happy 16.5 weeks --right around then was when I felt the "fun" part of pregnancy both times.

Jana said...

Oh, boo on traditional. Congratulations on being firmly ensconced in your second trimester. I'm just beginning my first...nausea has struck.