Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I know my doctor and you, sir, are not my doctor

36 week appointment was today. The good news is that there are no changes in my blood pressure or protein levels. I've ducked the pre-eclampsia curse for another week!
Actually, it's all good news. There was no bad news.
I am a grown woman and should be able to handle better the news that my doctor was called away to deliver someone else's baby at the last minute, so another doctor (just as good, no 2nd string comments here) would be doing my appointment. Except this doctor was a man. I know he's a professional, and just as much as I think a qualified woman could/should be Vice President, I believe a qualified man could/should be an OB/GYN.
Just not mine. And just not today.
Today, the day where I would be taking off clothes again for a test as well as a look see for dilation (which I know means nothing really, but well, I'd like to know if THAT'S what those pains were).
Anyhow, baby is doing well, and so am I.
Next week I'll be a week closer to THE date. Hopefully, my doctor stays put in her office.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I have male doctor phobia myself. Not interested in having them look at my who-ha.

My nightmare of a story involves a male doctor who was my age at the time...straight out of school (what are they like 28?). Imagine the look on both of our faces when he entered the room...and if I remember correctly, one of my legs went flying into the air out the stirrups during the exam. Quite comical looking back now.

I'm glad to hear the appt went well. One more week down.