Thursday, September 04, 2008

Willa, Willa, Kwame, Tina/Sarah, and good eggs

Some randomness today:

I picked Willa up from daycare and peeked in to see her first. Wait, I thought, she's still wearing the same outfit that I brought her in. Throw some confetti and start up the marching band, folks. Willa went all day at daycare in her big girl underpants!

On the way home I was talking to her and suddenly she stopped responding. "I hiiiiddddinnngggg," she giggled from the back seat. I turned around to look. She had her bathing suit over her head, and was peeking at me through a leg hole.

So, Kwame's gone. Think we could get Dennis Archer to unretire?

In an effort to achieve balance, I watched a good portion of the Republican Convention. I am much more partisan that I had thought. And, I know I'm not the first to make the comparison, but, I'm hoping Tina Fey (formerly from Saturday Night Live) stops this practical joke on America soon. "HA!" she'll say, "America, I was just joshin' you with that whole I'm a Gov. from Alaska thing. Don't forget to watch 30 Rock." I listened to Sarah Palin speak last night. And while I'd like to have lunch with her someday, I really don't like the idea of her as a Vice President.

And, because Republicans seem to be mocking the noble profession of community organizing, I want to give a shout out to my hommies who feel that connecting with individuals, families and institutions in the name of bettering neighborhoods is worthwhile.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

So.... Amy for President?

apt said...

Heck no!

Ang said...

Love it!!! Esp the SNL thing......too funny.

Anonymous said...

Community Organizer!? What an ELITIST this Obama is!!! ha ha ha ha

meals made by Ang said...

what i loved was how Gulianii said he hated community organizers...when in reality thats all he did once 9/11 hit..