Monday, October 13, 2008

update

On Friday I started writing, and ended up deleting, a post about my envy of other pregnant animals.
The stresses of work have not helped me glide though the end of this pregnancy. Last week was very stressful.
On Friday I had a blood pressure check. It was high. I laid down for 30 minutes and they took it again. It was high. I was sent to triage of labor and delivery. It started coming down. Other lab work is coming back a little elevated, but still within normal ranges.
It looks like I might just have pregnancy induced hypertension. Same with pregnancy #1.
I also have an urinary tract infection. My first ever.
I was sent home after the attending dr. and the nurse laid out modified bed rest for me. That's my deal until I see my doctor tomorrow.
I got permission to go to the pumpkin patch over the weekend. We had a great time, and I'll post some photos when they're up.
So, for now, I am to act just like any other mammal. Lying in bed and getting up only to eat and visit the bathroom. I'm allowed to spend a little time out and about, but the nurse told me if she sees me at the mall, I'm in trouble.

No comments: