Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back from the tour

I know that as co-president of the Willa fan club, I really ought to have photos here by now of Willa at her birthday party and Easter. I know folks are looking for "the cake photo." I'll warn you now, it's not going to be that exciting. I think someone called her dainty when she stuck one fingertip in the frosting, and then another fingertip. Dainty is not a word I'd use to describe her: this is our tornado who likes to ensure that all of our table tops are cleared of paper and other clutter by throwing everything over her shoulder to the floor. I think the big audience of well wishers gave her stage fright. We'll see what happens this weekend when we celebrate with Jim's family.

I promise photos and some better thoughts will be up soon. We've been in a fog. A weekend away - with 2 birthdays and Easter and not getting home until midnight on Sunday has us in a stuppor. Even the dogs were tired.

After last night's rest and today's sunshine, we are on the road to recovery.

In other news, under the awning of our front porch is a small nest that a finch couple in love built. I checked it yesterday with a mirror: 4 teeny eggs. Hope we don't scare them away.

1 comment:

Em said...

We have a nest of finches too. Every year they come, have their babies and leave. I hope we don't scare them away this year. I love birdies.

Can't wait to see the pictures.