Sunday, April 08, 2007

Day after the birthday

Friday was Willa's first birthday. She and I went to visit a mommy-to-be in St. Mary's. It was strange to walk the hallway a year later with my one year old. Turns out that Amanda is in the room next door to where we were. Passing the ice and water machine, I felt nostalgic.

Later, Jim, Willa, and I went to the Meijer Gardens to be in plants that weren't heavy with ice and to see the butterflies. When one passed near her, Willa would turn very earnest, point and say, "wow!" over and over. We let her out of the stroller so she could test out her new walking skills. It was crowded, but we found a corner tucked away.

Then we went to visit Jim's parents for a little visit with the birthday girl. And then back home to pack to come to visit my parents where we are now. In all the rush, we left no time to give her presents from her parents. So... we snapped a few photos of her with her presents, some were left behind. Some she'll open tomorrow.

Tonight was a celebration with my parents (and Bill and Jackie) and Willa got a whole new Spring wardrobe.

Tomorrow will be my family to celebrate Willa and MaKenna's birthdays, and then my extended family over for Easter.

I have made my first birthday cake for my child. That was fun. Photos to follow, along with a more thoughtful entry. It is now 1:08 am on Sat. Jim and I are headed to Wallgreens to pick up photos to give to everyone tomorrow.

So tired, and we're not done yet!

1 comment:

Em said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!