Monday, April 23, 2007

Good morning

The sun was not up this morning when I heard Willa stand up in her crib. It was 6 am. I felt well rested. I hopped out of bed, went to her room, being careful not to trip over the toys that made her giggle last night. She held her arms out for me. I picked her up and brought her to me. She wrapped her arms and legs around my body, laid her head on my shoulder and hugged me. An honest, for real hug. My kid likes me, and that's pretty neat.

I took her back into bed where Jim was dozing. The window had been open all night, and the room had a great spring morning scent and slight chill. I nursed Willa and Jim rolled over to put his hand on her back. She laughed.

We invited Arlo to join us. Greta followed. The sun was starting to rise, and the whole family was snuggled together on the queen sized bed. It was one of *those* moments.

Willa finished eating, and started playing. She moved Jim's hand to my stomach to get him to tickle me. She blew raspberries on both of our stomach's and my shin. She stretched out on Jim, and rolled off to get the dogs.

We all got up and took a family walk.

We have a good life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooooh... I love *those* moments!!! ~B

Em said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. Hopefully a little baseball was mixed in there too. It was a tough weekend until last night. Phew...no sweeps for us yet.

Anonymous said...

I love you Blanco De Sinki!