Thursday, May 10, 2007

Go on, clap your hands.

We were between alarms compliments of the snooze button. Jim and I were both awake, sort of. We heard Willa moving in her crib, deciding to cry or not. My eyes were half open and enjoying the morning sunlight on our bamboo plant framed by the shadows from the frame of the window panes. I was doing the one eye shut, other eye shut trick and watching the plant shift, slightly, back and forth.

Then suddenly we heard the digital music "If You're Happy and You Know It..." play. She must have pressed the palm of her monkey in the crib. This is a relatively new feat. We both woke up fully, laughing. A few minutes later I peeked in on her. Willa was sitting in one corner of her crib turning the pages of the fabric book of jungle animals that my mom made for her.

Later in the car, she was bouncing to the Pretenders and clapping her hands.

Apparently, she is happy, and she knows it.

No comments: