Monday, July 23, 2007

Sinki shares her political side

I thought maybe our Vice President would have been served papers on Saturday when he had Presidential powers. Mr. Cheney who has eluded death from several heart attacks also feels he can escape the executive order to report how classified information is kept classified. Want to read more? Go here. It seems as though the few hours that he was in charge went smoothly.

While searching for the previous link, I found that Cheney will undergo surgery to "replace his entire unit." Which must be difficult to plan, as he really is just a unit.

I don't think it's funny to make fun of people's health concerns. I don't hold President Bush in high esteem, but felt bad the the whole world knew he had a colonoscopy Saturday. Katie Couric chose to share her experience on NBC; George Bush had to because it's in his job description. Dick Cheney though... well, I just don't see him as a person. The only time I felt a wave of humanity coming from him was during his very well broadcast tragic accident of shooting his friend in the face (Internet, that's not funny either). Then, for just a teeny second, he was a man. The next day, he went right back to being a unit.

Also, while we're on the topic of national leadership: John Edwards? I want to make him a grilled cheese and tell him I love what he's doing for our country.

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh, that first paragraph has got me so fired up. I have been angry about it ever since they broke that news.

I will be over for grilled cheese sandwiches later, k?

JT said...

I feel bad when a viable and dynamic person is swept off the political table by: "he will never be president, he needs to be with his dying wife" Too bad for Edwards, the media has already dismissed him as a contender. I respect Edwards, and think he spkoe his meesage more plainly than anyone last election...

AmyinMotown said...

Make him grilled cheese? I'd want to make out with him and touch his pretty pretty hair, if I didn't have so much respect for Elizabeth Edwards. I'm holding out hope for he and Obama to take HIlary down.

Dude, HOW do you live on the west side of the state? It's not just Republicans, it's the scary religious right kind over there. Of course, you probably have a much more realistic picture of the world-- I tell my friends here that we are living in our nice little liberal Democrat bubble and have no idea what really goes on.