Thursday, June 26, 2008

Babies in waiting

Every Sunday for a few months I've turned to Jim and said, "hey, I'm _ weeks pregnant today" and he gives me a high five. It was not intentional, but we eased into it as a routine.
On Sunday Willa was in the bathtub and we were standing outside the bathroom door watching her float on her back.
"Hey, I'm 22 weeks pregnant today."
He got a little pale and I noticed his hand gripping the door frame. There was no five.
"There's so much to do."
"I know, holy crap, right?"

At least we're set with a name. Last night sister Lisa called and four year old MaKenna chatted with both Jim and I. She shared her suggestion for a boy or a girl: Peter Pan!

I think that I mentioned a long time ago that someone close to me was expecting twins, but until she shared with the world, I couldn't here. MaKenna is going to have identical twins coming to live with her this winter, and she's making my sister tell everyone: the bank teller, the gas station cashier... They're identical, so either 2 boys or 2 girls. MaKenna's decided their names too: Delilah and Delilah.

6 comments:

Keri said...

Wait! Peter Pan?!?! I thought the baby's name was going to be Phyre Truck.

Beth said...

Or Friar Tuck.

Sorry, it was the absolute first thing that popped into my head after reading Keri's comment. :-)

Maribeth said...

You are freaking me out. What are you worried about getting done in time. What do Brian and I need to do since we are the same amount of time left as you.

AmyinMotown said...

WOW!!!! Congrats to your sister and her family! Amazing. What a happy thing for the Sinki clan, especially after a difficult end to last year.

And I like Peter pan. Very nice.
And ahhh yes, midpregnancy panic. Mine kicked in too, and we weren't done with everything until the end of the year. It gets done--that second trimester energy boost kicks in an you'll feel like you can rule the world!

Christina said...

Love the names!

Kerri said...

I think I like Delilah and Delilah better than "I'm Darryl. And this is my other brother/sister, Darryl.

Pulling out the Newhart.